Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sleep? What's that?

It's 2:54 a.m. I am looking at a robot coin bank on Artful Home.com. I have no need for a robot coin bank but it is a pretty cool object. One that I probably never would have discovered during daylight hours when I am busy caring for my elderly mother, tending house and scouring news sites.

I have insomnia. So I have plenty of darktime hours to fill while my mom and my husband and my two cats are sleeping.  Hours when I have to be quiet. So vacuuming is out, as are most welding projects, closet cleanings and k-pop dance marathons. 





I do read quite a bit but my eyes blur out eventually. That's when I hit the searches and just type in words or follow links in news articles. That is how I found Bob, the Robot Coin Bank and the idea to start a blog to share some of the things that I find in the middle of the night.

I will probably mix in some of the thoughts that keep me ticking away after midnight as well. Not that my 'just can't sleep' brain needs more worries to throw into that bucket. But sometimes, I'll get a good idea or write some poetry or find a quote to ponder further.


So, if you are up at night too, come on over. I won't be offended if you nod off. Although I may be a little bit jealous...


--Wren


(cloud photo-copyright 2013 Wren Walker)






No comments:

Post a Comment